Sunday, April 29, 2018

Day 40 - Head Pains


Hey everyone...this is going to be a short post. For the past couple of days I've been dealing with major headaches from my medication, and I haven't really been doing a whole lot besides sleeping or staying in the bedroom with lights turned off...

In all seriousness though, the pain is so bad I can barely focus on a whole lot, and I'm currently on a cocktail of oxycodone, regular strength Tylenol (which never does much for me), Ativan, and heat compresses to my head and neck to try to manage. I'm almost positive the headaches would go away if I took an Advil, but it's a bleeding risk and I'm not allowed to...which just makes matters difficult in the meantime.

However, today marks 40 days since transplant day...meaning I only have a mandatory 20 days remaining here in Baltimore. If all stays the same and I just hold out this headache situation for 20 days, I get to go home!!! I'm past the halfway point now! Hopefully, my blood counts continue to get better between now and discharge day so I can write more. For now...I need to avoid looking at the computer screen and continue to sleep it off.


No comments:

Post a Comment