Friday, November 24, 2023

Day 2,075 - The Big Reveal!!!

Earlier this year, I set out with the purpose of embracing my cancer journey more. Not only that, I wanted to do what I could and help other survivors as well. When I was diagnosed, I felt very isolated because there wasn't anyone I could easily relate to. Sure, I could find all the info on what to expect regarding chemo side effects and the obviously outdated statistics for my cancer at the time. However, I couldn't find anyone I could easily look up to and say, "They've been in my shoes and know what I'm currently going through." I mean, no two cancers will have the same story or experience, but many share common elements that tend to be swept under the rug. So, I wanted to get my story out there and have my voice heard.

In addition to attending a young adult cancer camp this summer (see the blog post regarding that), I decided to do an interview with The Patient Story in the hopes that sharing my cancer story would connect with others whose place I've been in. My story is one that defied the odds, and I want to show others that they are more than just a statistic and that there is always hope. So I sat down with a journalist and went into great detail about the three-year battle I had been through.

Today, that interview has been published for anyone to see, and I'm so proud of how it turned out. They did a good job trying to condense everything into one video. Although they covered most of this journey, I intend to use my blog to go into detail regarding the not-so-common experiences and answer any questions left in the comments. Here is the link to the interview with the link to the full interview transcript in the video's description:


So, with that said, until I pop back on here with my next blog post.....



No comments:

Post a Comment