Monday, April 24, 2017

It's About Time!

Today I'm rather speechless but in a good way. I woke up still feeling quite unwell from my recent chemo appointment...the usual side effects of nausea, mild cramping, and mouth sores. After hitting the snooze alarm about 50 times, I rolled out of bed, slipped my shoes and coat on, and dropped the pug off at the vet for his scrub down. As soon as I got back, I had the intention to just make a beeline straight for the bed again and snatch some more z's before the day officially began. Before I could drift back into my slumber, I did what every 24 year old would do...checked my phone for any new notifications. Surprisingly I found an email had been sent to me with the title "PET scan results". Usually, I would be up and alert but I was so insanely tired that I just casually opened the message without even thinking twice and expecting to hear the worst.

My eyes glossed over the message. "Dear Maddie. Congratulations---"
                                            Wait a minute...WHAT?!

                                                 Congratulations?!?!

"Your scan shows a marked response to treatment, much better than with any other treatment so far."

I must be dreaming...surely I didn't wake up yet.

"We should continue this treatment until we have feedback on the CAR T-cell project."

                   IS THIS REAL LIFE?!?!?

It's about freakin time I get a PET scan result that shows some form of improvement!!! Only one thing to do at a time like this...PARTY!!!!!!

Finally, a victorious battle in this war against cancer!!

2 comments: